Sprint Galaxy S7 is a good smartphone with alot of specifications and many good Features, is a hugely successful smartphone phone packing a whole lot incredible specs as it is the world’s first dual-pixel camera smartphone. This Smartphone also features a huge 4GB RAM, 6.0 Marshmallow with 4G LTE and water with dust resistance featured.
The specifications are ok and very good for a smartphone to posses but they lack something which is very important, which everybody like to use in everyday basis hmmm I mean the wifi tethering. So few telecom carriers like AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile etc, don't allow their users to use WiFi tethering feature for free. So the placed a restriction on the tethering option because the corporate agreed to monetize the services but as usual, since the devices are running on android OS which is an open source, we have make many researches to find a way to tweak and "enable WiFi tethering features on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge".
So the gurus at XDA has totally find a way or method to activate or enable WiFi tethering on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge because this method also work for the Sprint Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and Galaxy Note 4 without rooting them. So I will be teaching you on how to bypass the restriction on the WiFi tethering feature.
How to enable or activate WiFi tethering on Samsung Galaxy S7 sprint and Edge S7
- Firstly, you need to get your MSL code from Sprint (carrier).
- To get the code, you simply call the Sprint customer service (their number is on your phone pack) and ask to give you the MSL code after saying an alibi like slow connection. Alternatively, you can also get the code via any MSL Utility application that you are sure works on your device.
- Now open the dialer and enter ##DATA# (##3282#)
- Click on the Edit button in the popup and input your MSL code and click OK.
- Now go to APN settings from the Mobile Networks menu and open "APN2 EHRPD Internet" and "APN2 LTE internet" individually and change APN Type to default, MMS, dun.
- Finally, save both the APN configurations settings and restart your device.
So you have successfully bypassed the WiFi tethering restrictions and so you can start blazing it now on your smartphones; Samsung Galaxy S7 Sprint and S7 Edge.
Is it helpful? You can drop your questions, if you encounter any problem while setting this up and if it work out for you kindly share your experience below.