Technology is now improving in everyday of our life as many social platforms emerges, emerges, more features are been included and one of those new features is "Video calling". Am sure you are aware that Skype , hangout and Facebook Messenger currently offer this feature to its users around the globe and very soon it will be officially launched by on WhatsApp.
Before now, video calling feature on BlackBerry Messenger was made available to users in United States and Canada only in early May while it is in beta stage, but at the moment, Africans and some other parts of the world are now able to enjoy video calling via BBM on their Android, iPhone and iPad devices. Yes it's true that Blackberry discontinued production of new devices on the blackberry OS but they are not thinking of allowing BBM go into extinction soon.
Things needed for the Bbm video call:
- Your Android device must be running on android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or higher.
- Your iPhone or iPad device must be running on iOS 8 version or higher.
- Upgrade or download the latest BBM version from Google play store or iTunes respectively.
- You must have an active data subscription (the calls uses data not Airtime).
How can make video call on Android and iPhone (IOS) devices?
1. Launch your BBM application
2. Tap the icon to initiate a call with one of your BBM contacts
3. BBM will ask whether you want to make a voice call or try a video call with the beta feature (provided your contact is also eligible to participate).
4. Select to try a video call
It will be activated as long as the contact on the other end is also using the latest version of BBM.
That's all! Even if you are using a blackberry, you can enjoy this feature on iOS and Android device also. Still waiting for WhatsApp to fully activate theirs.
What's your comment for this wonderful Feature from BBM?