It's really been a long time coming and we are happy to say the day has arrived (the OnePlus 2 is finally getting an official build of Android 6.0.1 Marshalow). The big Marshmallow update brings a number of new features and enhancements that should help breathe some new life into the handset. The over-the-air update has already started rolling out, and should reach 100% of OnePlus 2 devices within 48 hours.
Aside from a bump up to OxygenOS version 3.0.2, here are the main features that come with this updates:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. We have integrated with Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. We’ve also added clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want a better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- SwiftKey update to 6.3.3
For some reason this update will clear out your stored fingerprints, so you’ll need to set that up again after your phone boots up.
Google first released Android 6.0 Marshmallow to its Nexus devices way back in October 2015, exactly 8 months ago today. Why is OnePlus just now getting around to updating its “2016 flagship killer” to the latest version of Android? Who knows. We’re just hoping things change with the OnePlus 3.
Have you received the update? If so, be sure to tell us how you’re liking Marshmallow!